64th Annual Berryville Hamfest
1392 General Admission230 Tailgaters
& Computer/Electronics Show
Sunday, August 3, 2014
Clarke County Ruritan Fairgrounds
800 W. Main Street
Berryville, Virginia 22611
Always the first Sunday in August!
Presented by the Shenandoah Valley Amateur Radio Club
8/1/14: We have only four inside table spaces left in Building C (Arts & Crafts). Call Elizabeth W4EHC at 540-436-3818 or email email@example.com.
- Gate opens at 6:00 AM • Vendor buildings open at 8:00 AM
- Donation $6.00, children under 16 free
- Additional $10.00 per space for tail-gaters - no reservations. First come, first served.
- Commercial and indoor tables by reservation (see vendor form download below)
- Talk-in 146.82(-) call W4RKC
- Country ham and egg breakfast at 7am
- Ruritan's famous chicken and beef barbecue at 11am
- Concessions and snack bar available
- Grand prizes (HF Rig; VHF Rig; Power Supply) and hourly drawings
- County park with pool, picnic area, and playground opposite hamfest
- Camping spaces available Saturday night - $15 - no hookups
- Special Hamfest rate of $84 at Hampton Inn Winchester North (1204 Berryville Ave., Winchester, VA) until July 12. Call 540-678-4000 and ask for the Hamfest Discount.
Large tail-gating area with ample shade under the big oak trees. Also, electric power is available for testing purposes at various places within the tailgating area.
VE Exams: Laurel Amateur Radio Club VE team will be administering license exams at Cooley School, across the road from the Hamfest. Walk-ins welcome. All license classes. Testing begins at 12 noon. Photo ID required. For more information about the exams contact: John Creel WB3GXW@arrl.net or 301-572-5124.
Last year's (2013) Attendance
107 Inside Vendor Tables (22 Vendors)
2014 Inside VENDORS to date:
AA3DP - Dilovan Perwer: The TV Doctor
AC & DC Electronics - Larry (WB4WTI) and Deborah Councilman
Affordable Computer Repair: Kevin Dahlke
ARES/RACES of VA: Ed Krom WD4KHP
Arts & Crafts Bldg. • Ham radio equipment
CTRS - Charles Holland
DSP Tools: Dave Jervis K1EVB
Eagle 1 Communications: Ronald Roush KC8PNZ
EHI Company: Norman Cohen WB4LJM
EZ Hang, Inc: Dennis Currence KG4ETM
Roger Given K8RPG
HF receivers, electronics
Gold Medal Ideas: Custom embroidery, sportswear, hats & name badges
Hectic Electric - Cindy Hughes
KJI Electronics, Inc.: Gene Niemiec K2KJI
Robert Lafferty K3RUO
Gary Mattie KG5NM
Erik Misavage KI4BXU
Arts & Crafts Bldg.
N1XP - Dec 15: Ed Krom WD4KHP
Quicksilver Radio: John Bee N1GNV
Satellite Sam: Sam Adams KG4JMN
Norm Sheckman - "Hot Stuff"
Tower Electronics: Jill Cole KB9PZF
Plus outside tailgate vendors throughout the Fairgrounds!
Last year's Vendors get first priority if they send vendor form & money before April 1.
After that, spaces are first come, first served on receipt of rental fee.
Download copy of Hamfest 2014 Flyer (in PDF*) for distribution
Download a copy of the directions (in PDF*)
Download a copy of the Hamfest Grounds (in PDF*)
Download Vendor Registration Form 2014 (in PDF*) first come, first served $20.00 - air conditioned building. $15.00 in other buildings, $10 for tailgater space.
No registration and no reservations for tailgater spaces.
*All downloads in Adobe Acrobat PDF file format.
For reservations and table assignments please contact:
John (WD4GEK) and Elizabeth (W4EHC) Cottrell - BerryvilleHamfest@gmail.com - 540-436-3818
P.O. Box 2273 • Winchester, VA 22604
Reservations not be confirmed until you receive verbal, email, or written acknowledgement from vendor coordinators. All vendors/tail-gaters are also required to purchase a $6.00 general admission ticket as well as your $10.00 per space rental fee. No refunds after July 1st. There will be a 10% charge on refunds prior to July 1st.
Click here for Directions and a map to the Hamfest